- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour (200 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (30 grams)
- 1 Teaspoon Yeast (10 grams)
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar (35 grams)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 3/4 Cup milk (120 grams)
How To Make?
- In a bowl, sieve Flour, Salt and Sugar.
- In these dry ingredients, add dry yeast and gently mix it with one hand.
- Now add in luke-warm Milk, Vanilla Essence and Softened Butter.
- Knead for 10-12 minutes until soft and even dough is obtained. (Make sure that your dough has a lot of elasticity. If not, then knead more.)
- Now when dough is ready, make 5-6 balls out of it.
- With a help of a finger try and make a cavity, similar to that in a doughnut.
- Now cover these balls with a cling film and let it rest for 1.5 hours.
- Once your dough is puffed and proofed, fry them on medium heat for about 2 minutes from both sides until golden brown.
- Let your doughnuts cool on a cooling rack and then garnish with desired toppings.
- Note: I personally prefer melted chocolate/whipped cream/glaze/cinnamon sugar.
These measuring cups and spoons have quantities written over them. This will help you make perfect dishes as it will give correct measurements.
1. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature and only milk is luke-warm.
2. Milk should be slightly warm as too hot milk will kill the yeast .
3. While keeping the dough for proofing, it doesn’t need to be kept it in fridge.
4. Doughnuts remain good for 4-5 day in fridge.
More recipes by Kartik Jain:
About The Author
Kartik Jain is a chef-in-making. He has been a culinary zealot from about a decade and working in professional arena for more than a year. He has experimented a lot with food. He would be sharing scrumptious and easy to make recipes.