Hair Care is as critical as your skincare routine. Back in the day, our elders would massage their hair with oil and step out, and it was just normal and would wash their hair probably just once a week.
However, today Haircare becomes central to our lifestyle, as most of us wouldn’t oil our hair and walk out of our rooms, leaving aside our house. Many people have certain different allergies or acne if they apply oil due to various health issues alongside, consistent stress, sleep deprivations, eating habits and various external factors like pollution.
With all that going on, how do we keep at our haircare?
Let’s try to take out just a weekend to use these simple hacks to enhance and keep our hair healthy.
Dandruff is a popular issue these days, If you have a similar situation you can :
1. Mix Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil and apply it on your scalp for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
2. Take 1 tbsp Olive Oil and 2 tbsp Vinegar and mix it well, apply it on your scalp and keep it for 5-10 minutes.
If you are troubled with Itching due to fungal infection, sweat, dust etc., here’s what you can do:
- Take 1 tbsp of Baking Soda and mix it with 1 cup of Water, and mix it with the shampoo that you use and massage it for some time, and simply wash it off.
- Mix 1 tbsp Castor Oil and 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, mix it well and apply, leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
During rainy season or winters, the most common complaint that some people face is damaged hair. You know your hair is getting damaged if it starts breaking very quickly, early greying, hair thinning, hair unable to grow.
Some common reasons for hair damage are Pollution, Hair Bleaching, Hair colour and Heat appliances or Hormonal Imbalances.
To prevent your hair from heat damage,
- Take one Banana and 1 tbsp Olive Oil and 1 tbsp Honey, mix it all and apply it on your scalp and hair ends and leave it for 10-15 minutes, then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Take Multani Mitti, Aloe Vera Gel, Yoghurt, Honey and a few drops of Lemon Juice and make a paste, apply it for 20-25 minutes and then wash it off.
- Coconut Oil, mixed with Aloe Vera Gel works wonders for damaged hair.
For Hair Fall,
- Soak Fenugreek Seeds (Dana methi) overnight. Next day, Make a paste out of it and mix it with yoghurt and apply it on your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Grate an Onion, take out the juice and mix it with any hair oil that you use/ or have in handy and keep it for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
- Rice Water : It is an ancient Japanese tradition of using Rice Water for hair treatment. Soak Rice in fresh water for 30 minutes, keep aside the rice and let the water sit for 12-24 hours at room temperature before using it to ferment. Add Essential Oil in it like tea tree oil, peppermint oil etc. Then apply rice water after washing your hair with shampoo, and leave it for 10 minutes, rinse it with water.
For Rapid Growth of Hair:
- Use Aloe Vera Gel and Castor Oil and oil from one capsule of Vitamin E.
- Use Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil for conditioning.
For Dry and Frizzy Hair:
- Take Aloe Vera Gel, Honey and Castor Oil, apply it for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- A mixture of Coconut Oil, Honey and Yoghurt help provide a moisturising effect on your hair.
- Mix in an Egg with Olive oil/Coconut Oil, Honey and Yoghurt.
- Use Yoghurt and Honey for deep conditioning.
- Use Banana, Honey and Yoghurt to form a paste and then apply it well on your hair, leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off.
Homemade Oil for all Hair Problems :
A. Bottle Gourd and Coconut Oil
- Take a small piece of Lauki ( Bottle Gourd) and grate it.
- Mix it with Coconut Oil in a bowl and boil it on medium flame, and then cool it and shift it in a bottle to use.
- Apply this oil 45 minutes before washing your hair with shampoo.
B. Mustard Oil & Amla ( Gooseberry)
- Take some Amla and grate it, boil it with Mustard Oil on medium flame, cool it down and store it in a bottle.
- Use it 45 minutes before washing your hair.
C. Mustard Oil
- Take 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds, 1 tbsp Kalaunji ( Onion Seeds), 1 tbsp Flax Seeds (Alsi).
- Boil it well with Mustard Oil on a medium flame.
- Cool it down, and your homemade magic hair oil is ready.
D. Coconut Oil and Curry Leaves oil
- Boil Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil Together and strain it, cool it down and pour it in a bottle.
- Apply it 45 minutes before head wash.
While I continue to share much more skin and hair care hacks with you here, you can also check us out on our new venture Everything Mom Made for all your skin and hair care products!
About The Author
Passionate towards the art of cooking and baking, Ritu is a homemaker from Jaipur, who loves to keep it natural and really vouches for “No makeup makeup look”. Mother of three crazy kids who wants her to learn how to scold or be angry without laughing. Ritu is Fun but sensitive and very open to learning new things.