Table of Contents
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 tbs Curd/Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tbs Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate
- Oreo Cookies – 1 packet
How To Make?
- Firstly, roughly chop Dark Chocolate.
- Pour the melted Butter over Chocolate.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate melts completely.
- Add Sugar to it and stir well until sugar dissolves.
- Add Curd and Vanilla Extract.
- Stir well until the mixture turns smooth and silky.
- Place the sieve and add in Maida, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt.
- Mix well using cut and fold method.
- Add Milk and mix until the batter has a smooth and thick consistency. Do not over mix as the cake turns rubbery and chewy.
- Transfer the cake batter into a square cake mould.
- Bake the cake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.
- Finally, enjoy eggless brownie cake cutting it into shapes of your choice.
Red Velvet Brownie
- 1.5 Cup Maida/All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Curd
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbs Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbs Red Food-Colouring/Beetroot Pulp
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar/Lemon Juice
How To Make?
- Sift All-Purpose flour (maida) in a large bowl.
- Add Curd and Sugar in another large bowl and mix well.
- Add Baking Soda and Baking Powder to it.
- Mix well and keep the mixture idle for 5 minutes.
- As the bubbles start to appear on the surface, add Oil. (Use any cooking oil that doesn’t have a strong smell, e.g Sunflower Oil, Light Olive Oil)
- Add Vanilla Essence and mix well.
- Add previously sifted flour (maida) to it and mix well using a wired whisk or a spatula.
- Mix until it turns little smooth and no visible signs of white flour are there. Do not worry if the mixture is little lumpy.
- Lastly, add Beetroot-Pulp/Red Food-Colour and Cocoa Powder and give it a gentle swirl.
- Pour batter into a greased pan. Place it in a pre-heated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180°C until the top looks brown.
How to check if cake is cooked?
- Remove the pan from the oven and insert a toothpick in the center to check whether it is fully cooked or not. If it comes out clean, then it means it is cooked. If it does not, then cook for few more minutes. If the cake turns brown from the top but remains uncooked from inside, cover the pan with aluminum foil to prevent cake from turning brown further and bake again for 5-10 minutes.
- Let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Run a knife on sides of the pan. Place a cooling rack (or a plate) on the pan and invert both pan and rack to remove the cake from pan easily. Carefully remove the parchment paper. It will come out easily.
How to grease a pan?
- Grease entire surface of the pan with oil or melted butter using a brush.
- Sprinkle some maida over it and tilt the pan in all directions so the maida covers the greased surface. Line the pan with a parchment paper (or butter paper).
Bake it and rate the recipe below.
To read more recipes by Kartik Jain, subscribe to this blog.
About The Author
Kartik Jain is a chef-in-making. He has been a culinary zealot from about a decade and working in professional arena for more than a year. He has experimented a lot with food. He would be sharing scrumptious and easy to make recipes.