Basic Tart Shells
- 2.5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
- Chilled water
How To Make?
- Sift Flour, Salt, Sugar in a bowl.
- Add Butter to it.
- Mix well until entire Flour is well coated with Butter.
- With just a little bit of Chilled Water, knead a tight dough.
- Keep it in the fridge for 10 minutes and meanwhile grease your mould.
- Now roll an even sheet of the dough of approximately 1/2 cm thick, and spread it on the greased mould.
- Trim off the excess dough.
- Now place a Butter Paper/Foil on the base of your unbaked tart and spread a generous amount of Kideny Beans/Chickpeas/Raw Rice.
- Bake it for 10 minutes at 170°C
- Once half-baked, take out the beans with utmost delicacy .
- Now bake it again for 6-8 minutes until golden brown .
Bechamel and Cheese Tart
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Flour
- ½ Cup Milk
- Herbs and Chilli Flakes
- Mushroom and Broccolli (optional)
- Amul Cheese
How To Make?
- In a pan, add Butter, Garlic and Flour and cook together until flour’s rawness is gone.
- Now add Milk and whisk.
- Keep the mixture aside and it thicken.
- Add Salt, Pepper, Herbs and Chilli Flakes.
- Now generously pour a hefty amount of this mixture in a pre-baked tart.
- Over this mixture, make a bed of the vegetables and then grade cheese over it .
- Bake it again for 7-8 minutes until cheese melts.
Red Sauce and Grilled Vegetable Tart
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Capsicum
- 2 Onions
- 5-7 cloves Garlic
- Chilli Powder
- 3-4 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Cup Boiled Pasta
- Vegetables of your choice
How To Make?
- Roast Tomato and Capsicum.
- Grind together Garlic, Onion, Tomato and Capsicum until a fine paste is obtained.
- Now in a pan, add Oil/Butter and let the paste cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Add Chilli Powder, Salt, Oregano, Ketchup and cook for 2-5 minutes.
- Add Pasta and Vegetables.
- Now put the Pasta Mix in a pre-baked tart and grade cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
More Recipes by Kartik Jain:
- Mix-Fruit Cake & Dark Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Black Forest Cupcakes | Cookie & Cream Cupcake
- Home-Made Chocolates
- How To Make Bread
- Oreo Brownie | Red Velvet Brownie
- Doughnuts Recipe
- Tea Cakes Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookie | Jim-Jam Cookie | Coconut and Oat Cookie – Recipe
Kartik conducts online cooking workshop every Sunday. For more information, click on the picture below.
About The Author
Kartik Jain is a chef-in-making. He has been a culinary zealot from about a decade and working in professional arena for more than a year. He has experimented a lot with food. He would be sharing scrumptious and easy to make recipes.